I definitely think the new design is more in keeping with ‘me’ – and a lot cleaner and streamlined. I really hope you all like it and I would love to know your thoughts.
I would just like to give a shout out to two fabulous and talented women who have made this possible. If you need someone to help with any technical issues or a complete overhaul, Sian at Potty Mouthed Mummy is the person for you. Meanwhile, my brand new design is all down to the creative Polly at Sickly Sundae. I can’t sing their praises enough and highly recommend their services.
Back to this week’s edition of Monday Escapes. We’re getting such positive feedback from all of you who are joining in – and would like to thank those of you who have gone out of their way to shout about the link up and encourage new people to take part – we’re certainly a growing community and welcome anyone new who wants to share their love of travel.
Here are some of our favourite posts and photos from last week, please pop over if you haven’t had the chance yet.
Lisbon Weekend Guide [48 hours in Lisbon] – One Tiny Leap
Childhood travel memories – Five Adventurers
10 brutally honest travel confessions – Eff it, I’m On HolidayPhoto by Tanama TalesPhoto by Indah’s: travel story & photography
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back a wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be abroad or even a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
How to join in
• Link up to three posts/photos – old or new – in one week.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share.
Monday Escapes will go live every week, alternating between myself and Allane at Packing My Suitcase – and be open for seven days. Each week, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a Photo of the Week via Instagram.
We’ve also set up a Monday Escapes Pintrest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch.
Grab our badge below, and get linking. Happy Monday all.