I was going to write a short piece about the recent horrific Islamist shootings in Tunisia and how the threat of terrorism is affecting so many countries who are in the grip of economic and political instability.
But I quickly remembered the whole point of Monday Escapes…
We all come here to forget – for a short while at least – the brutality of the news and the daily grind of life, so that we can be taken on a journey full of adventure and read some inspiring travel stories.
It’s nice to be able to sit down with a hot tea and read through all of your fabulous posts – and they definitely add a more cheery note to my day! Thank you all.
Here’s a small selection of our favourite posts and photos from last week’s Monday Escapes – please go and take a look if you haven’t already.
A Family American Road Trip – Truly Madly Kids
Bahamas: Visiting Atlantis – Well Worn Suitcase
My Family Adventure: Bali and the Gilli Islands – Globetotting
Photo by Potty Mouthed Mummy
Photo by Europe DiariesPhoto by Side Street Style
How to join in
• Link up to three posts/photos – old or new – in one week, here over at Packing My Suitcase.
• Please, please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share.
Monday Escapes will go live every week, alternating between myself and Allane – and be open for seven days. Each week, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a Photo of the Week via Instagram.
We’ve also set up a Monday Escapes Pintrest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch.
Grab our badge below, and get linking here. Happy Monday all.