Mark Twain once said: ‘Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.’
This quote is fitting for the little community of Monday Escapes bloggers we are slowly building. And it is that – a group of like-minded people who have come together to share our love of travel.
And the great thing is, each week we are discovering more people to join our gang. It’s truly inspirational and long may it continue.
Here are a selection of our favourite posts and photos from last week, please check them out if you haven’t already.
Bali: A Weekend in Paradise – Susan Dalzell
Venice and Veneto with Young Children – Monkey and Mouse
10 Lessons Learnt from 10 Years of Life and Travel – The Selim Family Raasta
Foodie’s Guide to Montreal – Aspects of Style
Photo by Catch A Single ThoughtPhoto by Piccolo Explorer
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back a wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be abroad or even a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
How to join in
• Link up to three posts/photos – old or new – in one week, here over at Packing My Suitcase.
• Please, please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts – a few people forgot to do this last week.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share.
Monday Escapes will go live every week, alternating between myself and Allane – and be open for seven days. Each week, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a Photo of the Week via Instagram.
We’ve also set up a Monday Escapes Pinterest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch.
Grab our badge below, and get linking here. Happy Monday all.