As all of you are aware it’s been several weeks of turmoil here in the UK since the EU referendum swung in favour to leave. Not only is there a huge period of uncertainty both economically and politically – with both our major parties in crisis, but there has also been a significant rise in hate crime, which both saddens and worries me to the core.
And while the majority of my family and friends are still trying to digest the outcome, life must go on. And luckily the MTM family are off to the sunny climes of Italy later this week. I’ll be honest, we are all very excited to get away. It’s also been lovely ‘escaping’ via your travelling adventures, so please check out some of our favourites below, if you haven’t already. I will say, whatever happens in the future, I love the camaraderie we share here in this Monday Escapes community – no matter where we are in the world, we can still come together and share our passion for exploring!
Summer House Hygge – by Oregon Girl Around The World
Mark Warner Lakitira Beach Resort Review – by Travel Loving Family
A foodie’s guide to eating in Malta – by Eff it I’m on Holiday
Affordable fun in Denver without a car – by Bad Sentences
Rome: The Beauty of Looking Up – by What a Wonderful World
Predjama Castle – by Slovenian Girl Abroad
Domaine de Varennes, Burgundy – by Extraordinary Chaos
Paulton’s Theme Park – by One Tiny Leap
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back a wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be abroad or even a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
How to join in
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new – here at Packing My Suitcase.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share. Monday Escapes will go live every fortnight, alternating between myself and Allane at Packing My Suitcase – and be open for seven days. Each fortnight, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing photos of the fortnight via Instagram. If you would also like to join our Monday Escapes Pintrest board, please do get in touch.
Grab our badge below, and get linking here at Packing My Suitcase. Happy Monday all.