Last week I had some fantastic news – My Travel Monkey has made it to the finals of one of the biggest parenting blogging awards in the UK! The MADs saw over 8,000 blogs nominated, so getting this far feels like winning in itself! I am up against some talented family travel writers – four of who are also Monday Escapers! So I am truly honoured to be named alongside Nisbah from Five Adventurers, Claire from Tin Box Traveller , Victoria and Katja from Globetotting, and Karen from Mini Travellers – and am looking forward to seeing them at the glittering awards dinner later this year.
If you think My Travel Monkey deserves to win the title of Best Family Travel Blog, it would be amazing if you could vote for me by clicking on this link, and choosing My Travel Monkey in the drop down menu. Thank you so much. For every vote cast, I promise I am literally dancing like Carlton…
Back to Monday Escapes. Here are some of our favourite posts and photos from the last edition. Please check them out if you haven’t already.
A-Z April Challenge: Guanzhou – by Wilbur’s Travels
Brussels with Bébé – by Our Wild Things
7 Mistakes I made visiting Disneyland California – by One Tiny Leap
Planning a trip to Burma – by Mummy Travels
Sunset in Pupuya, Chile – by What a Wonderful World
Harry Potter World – by Life As Our Little Family
Kalalau Trail – by Cöllefornia
Rue Crémieux, Paris – by The Smalls Abroad
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back at wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be abroad or even a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
How to join in
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share. Monday Escapes will go live every week, alternating between myself and Allane at Packing My Suitcase – and be open for seven days. Each week, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a Photo of the Week via Instagram.
Grab our badge below, and get linking! Happy Monday to you all.