So last week I had some exciting news – My Travel Monkey has been nominated for a UK Blog Award 2016. I am hugely honoured and up against some brilliant travel blogs created by talented men and women. And, while I don’t expect to get shortlisted, I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t try and gain some support…
If you enjoy the blog and would like to vote for me, I would really appreciate it and it would only take a minute of your time. All you have to do is click on the below and fill in your name and email address. Voting closes at the end of the week. Thank you so much, I am ever so grateful.
Enough of me – back to last week’s edition of Monday Escapes. It was a cracking start to the new year. There were several posts about new year plans which had me itching to get travelling! Here are some of our favourite posts and photos, please do check them out if you haven’t already.
Five Fantastic Reasons Why Greece is the Perfect Family Holiday – by Suitcases and Sandcastles
Five Traveling New Year Resolutions for 2016 – by Travellatte
Five of the Best Family Attractions in Europe – by Wyld Family Travel
The Eiffel Tower – by Europe Diaries
San Francisco: A City of Contrasts & Contradictions – by Our Wild Things
Loire Valley – by Pigeon Pair and Me
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be abroad or even a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
How to join in
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new – here at Packing My Suitcase.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share. Monday Escapes will go live every fortnight, alternating between myself and Allane at Packing My Suitcase – and be open for seven days. Each fortnight, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing photos of the fortnight via Instagram. If you would also like to join our Monday Escapes Pinterest board, please do get in touch.
Grab our badge below, and get linking here at Packing My Suitcase. Happy Monday all.