In the last Monday Escapes I briefly mentioned that I would be attending The World Travel Market and meeting the lovely Allane from Packing My Suitcase. The WTM was overwhelming – there were so many stands and so many countries! I actually took part in a speed networking event with several brands. It went well, but whether anything conclusive comes from it remains to be seen – however, it was a great experience and learning curve as I know what to expect next year!
The best part, of course, was getting to spend a few hours with Allane. It was a wet, dreary day in the middle of Piccadilly Circus and poor Allane wasn’t feeling too well. But she persevered and had a coffee with me. It was fantastic to finally meet her and it was like two old friends coming together. I’m sorry to say we were so busy chatting we didn’t get a photo! This does highlight the wonderful world of blogging – how you can make new friends all over the world and be able to come together in real life with no awkwardness.
Back to this week’s Monday Escapes – here are some of our favourites posts and photos from the last edition. Please check them out if you haven’t already.
Travel Guide: London with Kids – Adventures, Baby
The Fairy Tale Town of Rothenburg ob der Tauber – California Globetrotter
My 12 Favourite Old Towns in Europe – Pinay Flying High
Roadtrip To The Scottish Highlands – Mum For Fun
Llantwit Major, Wales – Mudpiefridays
9/11 Memorial New York – World Walk About
Norwegian Fjords – Snow in Tromso
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back a wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be abroad or even a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
How to join in
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new – here at Packing My Suitcase.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share.
Monday Escapes will go live every fortnight, alternating between myself and Allane at Packing My Suitcase – and be open for seven days. Each fortnight, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing photos of the fortnight via Instagram.
If you would also like to join our Monday Escapes Pintrest board, please do get in touch.
Grab our badge below, and get linking here at Packing My Suitcase. Happy Monday all.