I’ve just spent a busy weekend in Madrid – a quick stop with friends which mainly consisted of eating plenty of tapas and drinking at several bars. We were also lucky enough to have a hot tub on the terrace of our Malasaña apartment, and enjoyed admiring the city skyline from this relaxing vantage point.
As you can imagine, travelling from Friday-Sunday night and staying up until the wee hours of the morning has left me slightly weary – so I shall leave you with a short video of the fabulous view we had – and look forward to sharing with you all what we got up to shortly.
Here are some of our favourite posts and photos from last week. Please check them out if you haven’t already.
Intercultural Relationships: Marcella and Carlos – Estrella Explores
The view from above: taking the Aiguille du Midi Cable Car, Chamonix, France – Foreign Sanctuary
Whale Watching in Panama – Globetotting
Meet Kangaroos at Uralla Wildlife Sanctuary – Baby Globetrotters
Photo by Mini Travellers
Photo by Simply Sara Travel
Photo by Life As Our Little Family
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be abroad or even a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
How to join in
• Link up to three posts/photos – old or new – in one week.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share.
Monday Escapes will go live every week, alternating between myself and Allane at Packing My Suitcase – and be open for seven days. Each week, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a Photo of the Week via Instagram.
Grab our badge below, and get linking! Happy Monday to you all.