It was an insightful tour of the ship’s main areas including the restaurants, atrium, outdoor decks and galley kitchens – finished by a gourmet lunch prepared by Executive Chef David McDonald Greves. We also had a brilliant demonstration from two energetic cocktail waiters, who had us all drinking out of their hands.
I’ve never been drawn towards cruising holidays as I’ve always been under the illusion that I would feel trapped – and that it’s for an ‘older’ clientele. However, an afternoon spent onboard the Royal Princess – a ship that was christened by Kate Middleton, Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge – has shown me that I was mistaken. It certainly gave me a taster of how enormous these vessels are; the countless restaurants and food options; and the extensive activities for both adults and children.
Would I now go for a cruise holiday? Yes, most certainly. I must have been impressed as it crossed my mind to become a stowaway as the ship was Caribbean bound. I can also see the advantages of being able to explore several countries in one go, although I would have to insist on an outside balcony cabin – and take some running trainers! I reckon I would literally put on a stone in weight from just a week’s stay because I couldn’t resist gorging on all the glorious food on offer.
Are you a fan of cruising? Where have you been? I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Moving on to this week’s Monday Escapes. Welcome and here are our favourite posts and photos from last week, please check them out if you haven’t already.
A Roman’s guide to Rome: Rome in one day – Learning Escapes
The House of the Brazilian Gaudi – Just Go Places
Bellevue Beach – Onsdag Wanderlust Volume VI – Oregon Girl Around the World
The Tale of the Rogue Suitcase – Well Worn Suitcase
Photo by The Danish Canadian
Photo by Wondermentary
Photo by Project: Wanderlust
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back a wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be abroad or even a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
How to join in
• Link up to three posts/photos – old or new – in one week over at Packing My Suitcase.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share.
Monday Escapes will go live every week, alternating between myself and Allane at Packing My Suitcase – and be open for seven days. Each week, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a Photo of the Week via Instagram.
We’ve also set up a Monday Escapes Pintrest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch.
Grab our badge below, and get linking here. Happy Monday all.