It’s with a heavy heart I have to drag myself back into the office today after spending a wonderful week with my family. At least I have all of your travel stories to cheer me up though! We had a great time exploring the Cotswolds, even though the weather was a little hit-and-miss and, considering we only really had three full days, we managed to pack a lot in. Here’s a little teaser of what we got up to…
I’d like to say a huge thank you to Cathy from Mummy Travels for hosting Monday Escapes last week while I was away. It was great knowing it was in safe hands and she informed me it was another storming week. So without further ado, here’s some of her favourite posts and photos – please pop over if you haven’t already.
Adventures in Vietnam – Truly Madly Kids
Hiking in Mordor – Colibrist
Lakes Distillery with Children – North East Family Fun
The Ghost villages of Salisbury Plain – A Family Day Out
Photo by Water Gypsy
Photo by The Helpful Hiker
Photo by Restless Jo
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back a wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be abroad or even a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
How to join in
• Link up to three posts/photos – old or new – in one week, here over at Packing My Suitcase.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share.
Monday Escapes will go live every week, alternating between myself and Allane – and be open for seven days. Each week, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a Photo of the Week via Instagram.
We’ve also set up a Monday Escapes Pintrest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch.
Grab our badge below, and get linking here. Happy Monday all.