After mentioning last week that we were in the process of organising travel plans for next year, I’m excited to reveal we’re off to Iceland in February. It has always been a country I’ve longed to visit but hubby took a little convincing – only because it’s somewhere so different to what we usually opt for. We tend to chase the heat and sunshine, so to go somewhere in the middle of winter is a pretty new experience for the both of us.
But after showing him photos like this…
It didn’t take him long to agree… We are very much looking forward to showing Monkey a unique and beautiful landscape, a few whales and hopefully the Northern Lights. As you can imagine, the planning for our week there is already taking shape – after all, February isn’t actually that far away!
Have you ever been to Iceland? What tips or recommendations do you have?
Just a small note…
20 Places To See: Northwest Oregon – Oh, the Places We See
Yosemite National Park: Vernal Fall Hike – Tanama Tales
Blackpool Tower and Circus – North East Family Fun
Cycling on to Murnau – Life at 139a
Photo by Aspects of Style
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back a wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be abroad or even a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
How to join in
• Link up to three posts/photos – old or new – in one week, here over at Packing My Suitcase.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share.
Monday Escapes will go live every week, alternating between myself and Allane – and be open for seven days. Each week, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a Photo of the Week via Instagram.
We’ve also set up a Monday Escapes Pintrest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch.
Grab our badge below, and get linking here. Happy Monday all.