We had an incredible 67 link ups last week – our record number yet! We are such a well-travelled lot – and with the summer holidays now in full swing, I can’t wait to see what all of you are getting up to.
I’ve had a fairly quiet one so far – Thailand seems such a distant memory already. However, I still have a lot to look forward to from several day trips with Monkey, to a cottage holiday in the Cotswolds. Not forgetting San Sabastián later this year. And I am sure all of you are already thinking about trips for next year! We certainly are…
What trips have you got planned for the rest of the year? Love to hear about them.
Back to last week – here are some of our favourite posts and photos. If you haven’t already, please check them out.
Jo’s Monday Walk: Egton Bridge – Restless Jo
What My Daughter Says About Traveling: Interviewing Willow Our 9-Year Old – Wyld Family Travel
A Walk in Montmartre – Travel With G
Picnic in St. Ives – Life Unexpected
Photo by Wilbur’s TravelsPhoto by Side Street StylePhoto by Oregon Girl Around the World
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back a wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be abroad or even a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
How to join in
• Link up to three posts/photos – old or new – in one week.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share.
Monday Escapes will go live every week, alternating between myself and Allane at Packing My Suitcase – and be open for seven days. Each week, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a Photo of the Week via Instagram.
We’ve also set up a Monday Escapes Pintrest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch.
Grab our badge below, and get linking. Happy Monday all.