Welcome. It’s been a while since I’ve hosted a link up, but when Cathy from Mummy Travels and Elizabeth from Wander Mum asked me to step in while they are gallivanting off across the globe, I couldn’t say no. After all, while I am stuck here this week, I can at least enjoy some of your wonderful adventures.
I won’t feel too sorry for myself though, because this time next week, I shall be having my fill of custard tarts and exploring Lisbon – the beautiful coastal capital of Portugal. And not only is this a new destination for us all, it’s also the first time we’re venturing abroad as a family of four. Luckily, we are staying at Martinhal Chiado Family Suites, which is not only in a great location in the popular district of Chiado and Bairro Alto, full of shops, cafes and trendy restaurants, but it’s also super child-friendly.
We’ll be keen to try out the facilities including the kids’ club and baby concierge. Monkey is excited at the prospect of not having to hang around with his ‘boring’ parents all day! And we’re looking forward to having an adult-only night out on the town!
Back to this week’s special edition of City Tripping. Cathy and Elizabeth enjoyed all of your posts but here are a few of their favourites:
What you can do in 30 hours with kids in York – Our Bucket List Lives
Bath With Toddlers – Tin Box Traveller
Snapshots of Granada – Piccolo Explorer
Top things to do in Chinatown, Kuala Lumpur – Kat Pegi Mana
Do link up your favourite city travel posts this week. The rules are below – please do join in with the comments and don’t forget the #citytripping tag if you can. Here’s how the City Tripping linky works…
What is the City Tripping linky?
Welcome to the City Tripping travel linky which is usually hosted by the fabulous Mummy Travels and Wander Mum. City Tripping is the place to come and link up your city-related travel posts. We want to find out the best of things to do and see in the city, any city in the world, whether you are travelling as a family, a couple or with friends or it’s your home turf.
It could be a day out, a review of an attraction, long weekend or sharing your best insider info and hidden gems, as long as it is city-related travel.
How to join in the travel linky fun
- Link up one post old or new. Please only link each post once.
- Please add the City Tripping badge to the bottom of the post or link back to either Mummytravels.com or Wandermum.co.uk the badge code is below
- Posts must be about your travel experiences in a city ñ any city, from reviews of days out to longer breaks
- Please share the linky love and comment on the host’s linked posts and at least two others which take your fancy, using #citytripping so everyone knows where youíre visiting from
- Tweet us your links @wander_mum or @mummytravels along with the #citytripping hashtag and we will retweet to our followers
- We’ll be sharing your posts elsewhere on social media we’d love it if you wanted to follow us there too: Wander Mum (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest) and MummyTravels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest)
- The City Tripping linky will go live every Tuesday morning until 23.55pm on Thursday and will alternate between Wander Mum and myself. We’ll be sharing our favourites every week too.