Welcome to Monday Escapes. It’s incredible how far we’ve come with the link up – 42 editions to be precise, 42 posts that have brought us all together to read each other’s travel stories, and to make new friends in the blogging world.
We hope that throughout the Monday Escapes journey you’ve had fun and been inspired. Allane and I are very lucky to have met you and your blogs, and to have been able to share a little bit of ourselves with you, too. However, we have a big announcement to make…
It’s time for us to say good-bye. Yup! This will be the last Monday Escapes link up that either of us will be running. Why? We hear you cry…
Well, we want to be honest with you all. As you can imagine it takes a huge amount of time to read through everyone’s posts, set up Monday Escapes and all the social media associated with it, and we feel if we can’t give it our full attention, then we shouldn’t be doing it any more.
So, if any of you are interested in taking over the Monday Escapes linky and running it yourselves, do get in touch with us. Allane and I would be happy to pass the mantle and keep this community going.
We have so enjoyed bringing together a group of like-minded travellers and if it wasn’t for Monday Escapes, we wouldn’t have got to know so many of you. You have all been truly inspiring.
So please, let’s make the last Monday Escapes a truly spectacular one! And next time, we’ll be going through a whole collection of the past year’s best posts as a tribute and round up to what has been a brilliant collection of travel stories and photographs.
Here are a favourite posts and photos from the last edition. Please check them out if you haven’t already.
The Gardens of Château de Vendeivre – by Eco-Gites of Lenault
Italy with Kids, Viareggio, Tuscany – by A Free From Life
Summertime in Copenhagen – 10 must Do’s – by Oregon Girl Around the World
Go to Rome: 7 travel hacks – by Mooiste Stendentrips
Planning A Scottish Road Trip – by Love From Scotland
Santorini – by Champagneista
Jimmy’s Farm Harvest Festival – by Dear Mummy Blog
Shirakawa-Go, Japan – by TravelWithNanob
How to join in
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new – here at Packing My Suitcase.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share. Monday Escapes will go live every fortnight, alternating between myself and Allane at Packing My Suitcase – and be open for seven days. Each fortnight, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing photos of the fortnight via Instagram. If you would also like to join our Monday Escapes Pintrest board, please do get in touch.
Grab our badge below, and get linking here at Packing My Suitcase. Happy Monday all.