Ahh London is being hit by a heatwave this week. Lovely if you’ve got time off to enjoy it, but unfortunately for me I’ll be admiring the sunshine from my office… but at least I have a long weekend to look forward to this coming Friday.
I was meant to be going to Berlin with a group of friends, but for those of you who don’t know, I’m nearly five months pregnant and a boozy trip isn’t to be in my current state – so instead I’m heading to the Kent coast and spending a few days by the seaside with my family. A completely different break to the one planned, but one that will be just as fun nonetheless.
We had such a diverse range of posts in the last edition of Monday Escapes, and here are some of our favourites. If you haven’t already, please do check them out.
12 Days in the Loire Valley – by Life at 139a
Parque Natural Da Serra Da Estrela – by Topsy Turvey Tribe
The Gaviota Coast: much to admire – by Tanama Tales
An “unusual” trip: from Scotland to Poland and Germany – by Eff it, I’m on Holiday
Dale, Pembrokeshire – by Our Wild Things
Glacier National Park, Montana – by Away She Went
Philippines – by Lizzie meets World
Alnwick Castle – by Suitcases and Sandcastles
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back a wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be abroad or even a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
How to join in
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share. Monday Escapes will go live every week, alternating between myself and Allane at Packing My Suitcase – and be open for seven days. Each week, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a Photo of the Week via Instagram.
We’ve also set up a Monday Escapes Pinterest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch
Follow My’s board Monday Escapes on Pinterest.
Grab our badge below, and get linking! Happy Monday to you all.