I am pleased to report that perhaps the MTM family are not cursed with bad weather after all, that our run of bad luck has ended… well, for a time at least! We’ve just spent a glorious weekend on the Isle of Wight and the sun actually made an appearance – much to the relief of our friends who accompanied us. We visited beaches and attractions I’ve not been to since I was a young girl, and our mini-break served as an excellent reminder that you don’t have to go too far from home to feel like you’re on holiday,
I hope you’ve all had a wonderful fortnight – Allane and I are looking forward to reading your latest Monday Escapes. Here are some of our favourites from the last edition, do check them out if you haven’t already. Please also remember to comment on the hosts, as well as two other blogs if you take part. Thank you!
Four on a Hike to Baggy Point – by Mum’s Gone To…
The Case For Rhode Island: Part One – by Fifi & Hop
My top five Yorkshire Dales highlights – by A Family Day Out
Seven Foodie Treats to try in Lisbon – by Suitcases and Sandcastles
South Island, New Zealand – by Little Scratch
Siem Reap, Cambodia – by Life’s Tidbits
Poros, Greece – by Expitterpattica
Highway to Yell – by Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back a wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be abroad or even a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
How to join in
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share. Monday Escapes will go live every week, alternating between myself and Allane at Packing My Suitcase – and be open for seven days. Each week, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a Photo of the Week via Instagram.
We’ve also set up a Monday Escapes Pinterest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch
Grab our badge below, and get linking! Happy Monday to you all.