Welcome to a new edition of Monday Escapes. For those of you who are new to our travel-loving community, lovely to have you – we hope you enjoy reading our inspiring posts from bloggers all across the globe. Every week, Allane and I get to enjoy so many stories and photographs, some we may have missed if it hadn’t been for Monday Escapes.
One story in particular from Rosie Woodhouse about her time in Jordan, made us both rather emotional and teary. It’s a thought-provoking and humbling article about her time meeting Syrian refugees, so please show some it some love, alongside the other top picks we’ve made.
Monday Morning: Jordan – by Rosie Woodhouse for Truly Madly Kids
When Historical Instruction Goes Wrong in Moscow – by Kidding Herself
Let’s go to: Tokyo, Japan – Part I – by Life in Wanderlust
The Abyss or the Most Magical Place in the World? // Saltstraumen near Bodø – by Snow in Tromso
Naples, Florida – by Fifi + Hop
Kruger Safari – by Expat Partners Survival Guide
Motu Tapu, Frech Polynesia – by Outside Suburbia
Sunset in Paris – by Simply Sara Travel
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back a wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be abroad or even a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
How to join in
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share. Monday Escapes will go live every week, alternating between myself and Allane at Packing My Suitcase – and be open for seven days. Each week, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a Photo of the Week via Instagram.
We’ve also set up a Monday Escapes Pintrest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch
Grab our badge below, and get linking! Happy Monday to you all.