Happy new year! I hope you all had a relaxing, lovely festive break. Welcome to the first Monday Escapes of 2016. Allane and I are raring to go and can’t wait to read what you’ve all been up to. Let’s make this a great start.
Here are some favourite posts and photos from the Christmas edition of Monday Escapes, if you haven’t already please do check them out.
Victorian Festival of Christmas at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard by Tin Box Traveller
A sampling of Chaozhou Cuisine by Slightly Astray
Searching for some Puffins on Staffa Island by Darwin on the Rocks and Around the World
Stellenbosch with Kids by Baby Globetrotters
Matterhorn glacier paradise by Slovenian Girl Abroad
Yosemite National Park by One Tiny Leap
New York by Dear Mummy Blog
Street art in Valparaiso, Chile by What a Wonderful World
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back a wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be abroad or even a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
How to join in
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share. Monday Escapes will go live every week, alternating between myself and Allane at Packing My Suitcase – and be open for seven days. Each week, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a Photo of the Week via Instagram.
We’ve also set up a Monday Escapes Pintrest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch.
Follow My’s board Monday Escapes on Pinterest.
Grab our badge below, and get linking! Happy Monday to you all.