It’s just over a week to Christmas – where has this year gone? This will be the last Monday Escapes of 2015, so Allane and I would both like to thank you all for your continued support in making this such a successful and inspiring community. We’ve had so many amazing travel stories and photos this past year – and we can’t wait to see what 2016 will bring for all of us intrepid travellers.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a very happy New Year. Enjoy whatever you’re getting up to and see you back for more Monday Escapes on the 4 January.
Here are some of our favourite posts and photos from last edition, please check them out if you haven’t already.
Family Time in Sorrento – by A Free From Life
Five Fantastic Foodie Reasons To Travel – by Suitcases and Sandcastles
13 reasons to visit Ljubljana – by Mummy Travels
Ultimate Disneyworld Guide for Families – by One Tiny Leap
Forest Adventures in the Lake District – by Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
Bavaria’s Loveliest Lake: Königssee – by Californian Gloebtrotter
Senggingi Beach, Lombok – by Kat Pegi Mana
Valencia Old Town – by Tanama Tales
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back a wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be abroad or even a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
How to join in
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new – here at Packing My Suitcase.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share. Monday Escapes will go live every fortnight, alternating between myself and Allane at Packing My Suitcase – and be open for seven days. Each fortnight, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing photos of the fortnight via Instagram. If you would also like to join our Monday Escapes Pintrest board, please do get in touch.
Follow My’s board Monday Escapes on Pinterest.
Grab our badge below, and get linking here at Packing My Suitcase. Happy Monday all.