So I’m currently on a culinary mission to eat my way around San Sebastián this week. If you’ve never been, it’s a resort town in the Bay of Biscay in Spain’s Basque country. I’ve not only been told by people that it’s the most authentic Spanish area they’ve ever visited, but the food is out of this world. In fact, Michelin stars are just the norm here.
Because we’ve got Monkey with us, we won’t be gracing these top-notch restaurants but not matter, because the Pintxos bars are just as good. And we’re also exploring our surroundings – we’re close to the beach!
I look forward to sharing with you all what we get up to. And please excuse the lack of posts on MTM as I’ve decided to have a much-needed break. Meanwhile, I will look forward to catching up with all your Monday Escapes stories on my return.
Here are some of our favourite posts and photos from the last edition of Monday Escapes. If you haven’t already, please do go and check them out.
Exploring Chek Jawa Singapore – East West Love Story
So you want to move to Taiwan – Boy & Girl Globetrot
10 tips: Waikiki with a toddler – Piccolo Explorer
13 of the best hill villages near Nice – Lou Messugo
Photo by Expats Partners Survival
Photo by Lizzie Meets World
Photo by What a Wonderful World
Photo by A Family Day Out
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back a wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be abroad or even a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
How to join in
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new – here at Packing My Suitcase.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet us your links @my_travelmonkey and @packingsuitcase, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes tagging @mytravelmonkey or @packingmysuitcase, we will happily share.
Monday Escapes will go live every fortnight, alternating between myself and Allane at Packing My Suitcase – and be open for seven days. Each fortnight, we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing photos of the fortnight via Instagram.
If you would also like to join our Monday Escapes Pinterest board, please do get in touch.
Grab our badge below, and get linking here at Packing My Suitcase. Happy Monday all.